Saturday, June 20, 2015

Hope

I’m about to admit something, so please don’t judge me. I watch “Girl Meets World.” It’s a show based on the original show “Boy Meets World.” It’s a Disney show so the acting is campy, the kids are adorable and each show ends in a lesson. I watched last night’s episode this morning while I ate breakfast. What I didn’t expect was to weep by the end of the episode titled, “Girl Meets Hurricane.”

The lesson was on hope. One little girl who always hoped for the best and her friend who didn’t dare to hope because life lets her down – every time. Watching the episode unfold struck me in a way I hadn’t expected.

I usually don’t cry after watching a 20-minute sitcom. Hope was missing and I hadn’t realized it was gone.

Nadine means hope. I’m someone who usually hopes for the best in situations. Because of my faith in God, hope was something that I held onto in tough times. It was part of my DNA. It’s a best friend who comforted me in bad times.

Hope is a powerful tool. Proverbs 13:12 says this:

When hope’s dream seems to drag on and on, the delay can be depressing. But when at last your dream comes true, life’s sweetness will satisfy your soul. (The Passion Translation)

Since hope is part of my DNA, it hadn’t really gone away completely, I just wasn’t using it. It doesn’t matter what I’m hoping for, it matters that I don’t give up.

© Nadine Zawacki 2015

1 comment:

Ileana said...

Beautiful lesson. Isn't it funny how even 20-min. kid shows can surprise you? I love it when things like this happen!